Dental implants are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry techniques today. From celebrities to regular people, it has helped numerous people get their beautiful smiles back. But, before you hop on your search for the best dentist in Modesto, California for implant dentistry, you must know what implants are and the different types of implants available.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are mostly made of pure titanium. Implant dentistry involves placing of these posts or screws surgically into your gums. These posts then act as replacement tooth roots to hold your replacement teeth firmly in place. Dental implants are ideal for those who have lost or are missing one or more teeth.
What are the different types of dental implants?
There are two types of dental implants that are mostly opted for and considered safe by dentists.
Endosteal Implants – These implants are placed directly into your jawbone. Then the posts are connected to the original implants via another surgery. And finally, replacement teeth are attached individually to these posts or grouped on a bridge or denture.
Subperiosteal Implants – Under this type, a metal frame is placed just below the gum tissue into your jawbone. Posts are attached to the frame, which begins to protrude once placed. Artificial teeth are then attached to these posts.
There is another type of dental implants called zygomatic implants which are the least common and most complex and are only used when someone does not have enough jawbone for other types of implants.
If you want to undergo implant dentistry in Modesto, then you must come to us at Gill Family Dentistry. We have the best dentist in California in our team to help you receive the best implant dentistry in Modesto.
Dental implants are an extremely popular treatment option to replace one’s missing teeth and regain one’s smile. If you have just undergone implant dentistry in Modesto or are about to, then you must know how to take care of your dental implants after surgery. The best dentist in California, a part of our team at Gill Family Dentistry, suggests the following tips to help you maintain the results of implant dentistry.
- On the day of your surgery, avoid eating or drinking anything hot. Consume only cold drinks or food items. Do not disturb the surgical area with your fingers or tongue.
- You must clean your teeth twice a day, starting from the day of your surgery. However, you must avoid brushing the surgical area for the first few days.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a low or non-abrasive toothpaste to brush your teeth.
- During the first week after surgery, you may rinse your mouth with a cup of hot water and a pinch of salt added to it to speed up the healing process. However, take care that the water is not too hot.
- You must also floss your teeth regularly using unwaxed tape or floss that is specific for implant dentistry.
- Do not smoke until your jawbone has healed completely. Smoking can severely affect the healing process. In fact, it is advisable to quit smoking if you want your dental implants to last a long time.
- Always clean around and under your dental implants after eating and drinking.
- After the initial stage, you must treat your implants exactly like your natural teeth. Go to the dentist regularly for check-ups and professional cleanings as well.
If you are looking to undergo implant dentistry in Modesto, then you can come to us at Gill Family Dentistry. Our dentist is the best dentist in California who can help you regain your lost smile and confidence with dental implants.
This world has become more superficial now and external appearances do matter. Taking everything at face value, we have a booming branch of science namely cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry primarily deals with the external aspect of the face and employs techniques to modify the appearance of teeth, thus imparting you a very beautiful smile. Its primary focus area is an improvement in color, shape, size and overall appearance of teeth.
People with bad teeth alignment often feel embarrassed. While certain alignments can be easily put in place by braces, few others require advanced cosmetic treatments to be done. Despite being different from normal dentistry, some treat cosmetic dentistry to be similar, although the latter mainly focuses on beauty rather than dealing with actual oral health issues. Dental associations too do not treat it as a separate field, considering it just advancement to regular dentistry aimed at improving the overall personality.
Cosmetic dentistry, though aimed at enhancing one’s beauty is a bit expensive. The least expensive among all the services offered by a cosmetic dentist is bonding and most people opt for the same. While most are hardly able to address their basic needs, there are others spending bucks for that one perfect smile. While we may not have lower income group people opting for this very frequently, the prevailing market conditions to look good and maintain an outward show have made it popular even among them.
A beautiful smile is everything one craves for. From making someone’s day to grabbing a big deal in your pocket, it can do it all. So, if you are looking for any such cosmetic dental care, Gill Family Dentistry might be your next stop location providing quality services at affordable prices.
Oral health care is something that should be offered to children at a very early age and even to babies who haven’t got their milk teeth yet. Experts recommend parents to provide oral care to their kids from infant stage when their first milk tooth appears or is about to appear. This time is known to be the best time to start with your child’s dental visit. Seeking the help of a professional pediatric dentist is essential for your child’s oral care needs.
A pediatric or children’s dentists are experienced and educationally qualified to offer oral care to kids. They can be your child’s best friend for oral health throughout their childhood as well as adolescence.
Services offered by children’s dentist
- Dental health examination for kids, including risk assessment of decays or cavities.
- Measures on preventative care to stay away from cavities and decay. This includes oral cleaning, fluoride treatment, education on proper diet and nutrition.
- Orthodontic conditions like misalignment or crooked teeth are evaluated, diagnosed and treated.
- Oral health problems are detected early so that any serious issues can be addressed well.
- Dental injuries are treated and taken care of.
- Repairing of damaged and decayed teeth.
- Prevention, management and treatment of gum and periodontal diseases.
Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry
Most of the parents take their children to the family dentist who provides dental care to the whole family. Taking your child to a pediatric dentist will assure you that your child is getting special attention which cannot be offered by a general dentist. Children dentist will make your child feel comfortable with him in the office as well as during the treatment. They are specially trained for handling kids.
If you are looking for the best children’s dentistry in Modesto, visit us at Gill Family Dentistry and receive the best oral care for your little ones.
General Dentist is very common dental care providers; they are known for diagnosing, treating and managing complete dental health care requirements. It includes cleaning and dental exams, root canals, care for gums, dental fillings, crowns, dental bridges along with preventative education.
What is the function of a general dentist?
The general dentist provides routine care services that focus on preventative care. These services are offered to help prevent decay, diseases related to teeth, gums, mouth, and tongue. If the measures provided for preventative dental care is not enough, restorative oral care is also provided. Instead of getting specialized in a particular area, many general dentists get training on all dental procedures including:
- Cosmetic dental care
- Crowns and bridges
- Treatment for gum diseases
- Instructions for home care
- Counseling related to nutrition
- Root canal treatment
- Teeth cleaning
General dentistry practices comprise of all the procedures and services to preserve your natural teeth, ensure your dental health and offer an amazing appearance and feel throughout your life. As parents, you must start incorporating the habit of healthy dental habits to your kids. Take them to the dental office for routine examination as well as getting them accustomed to a place where most of the preventative treatments will be performed during their childhood and even beyond.
Many people visit a dentist only when an issue arises. They miss out on many preventative services that could save discomfort as well as expenses in the future. A regular dental visit is extremely essential for you and your family so that any oral severe issues are treated in a timely manner.
Are you worried about the question, “Where can I find the best general dentist near me“? At Gill Family Dentistry, we offer quality and affordable general dentistry services. We make sure you get a comfortable and relaxing experience.